Flowers that stand out from the crowd
Big bouquets of flowers are statements of affection and can really make a lasting impression. You will certainly be hard pushed to find someone who wouldn’t be delighted to receive one.
Which flowers to choose
There are some flowers that work wonderfully in huge bouquets. Here are a few.
- Roses – 100 roses all tied together is a huge gesture of love to present to a partner
- Lilies – These big flowers are perfect to pair with smaller blooms for a creative contrast
- Gladioli – They represent generosity and are therefore the perfect addition to any huge bouquet
- Amaryllis – These striking flowers look brilliant when matched with bright green foliage to add volume to an arrangement
- Chrysanthemums – The huge heads of these flowers add texture and size to any bouquet. They also come in a number of different colours that look great when mixed.
How to achieve the look
For even more of a statement why not add some extras to your flower order. Most florists offer all sorts of goodies.
- Helium balloons
- Teddy bear
Did you know?
- For impact at a dinner party, a centrepiece made from tropical fruits, Birds of Paradise flowers and pale Orchids is bound to be a huge talking point.
- The Titan Arum is one of the world’s largest flowering plants and it’s also one of the most aromatic. It stands more than three metres tall and is always making the headlines because its flowering is so unpredictable.
- The world record for the tallest sunflower is 8.04m. It was grown by Hans-Peter Schiffer from Germany in 2009.