Fire and spice flowers
Red, orange and yellow flowers are strong and uplifting and can lend a room a sense of warmth and drama. They represent strength, confidence and passion.
Which flowers to choose
There are so many flower types out there that are perfect for this look.
- Roses – Roses come in all these colours, the red shades representing passion and love.
- Lilies – The Tiger Lily is a bright orange flower with dark brown or black spots – truly exotic.
- Lisianthus – These look best in red or yellow, with a similar multi-layered look to roses.
- Sunflowers – Available in all sorts of fiery shades, the yellows are most popular but there are varieties that are orange or even a deep red.
- Tulips – These mean true love and come in a number of different hues.
How to achieve the look
- Be bold – Bright flowers can cheer up any room and flowers in fiery shades invoke all sorts of feelings of power and confidence.
- Meeting of minds – Orange flowers are said to be perfect for those places where people meet to discuss ideas. They represent kinship and flamboyance.
- Intense emotions – Red flowers are intense, passionate and dynamic and make for dramatic romantic gestures.
- The gift of hope – Yellow flowers represent hope and happiness, given as a token of courage.
Did you know?
- Flowers in orange, yellow and red can warm up a plain room and make it feel more welcoming.
- Floating flower heads in a bowl of water make a great table decoration. Lisianthus, Aliums and Roses all float well.
- The spice saffron comes from the saffron crocus (Crocus sativus). You can grow these as you would any crocus and you can pick the bright red saffron yourself.