There are a number of plants and flowers that have profound effects on the body and mind. Just having them in the house is said to improve quality of life and, when used as more concentrated essential oils, the effect can be even more noticeable.
Which flowers to choose
- Lavender – Not only can lavender be used for culinary purposes, but it’s scent also releases specific hormones to make us feel happier
- Roses – The scent of roses is said to lower blood pressure
- Eucalyptus – The smell of the leaves can clear your head and help with coughs and colds
- Rosemary – Rosemary is used to help concentration
- Chamomile – This can help reduce stress and promote calmness and relaxation.
How to achieve the full effect
- Rose petals and your favourite essential oils can be dropped into a bath. The hot water will release the scents and you can just relax and let them work their magic
- The smells you like are the smells you need. Generally, if you like the smell of an essential oil or a blend that’s exactly what your body needs
- The right combination of essential oils can help to balance hormonal issues.
Did you know?
- Aromatherapy massages use not only the aroma but also as they are absorbed into the skin to help relax tense muscles and stimulate blood and lymph circulation.
- Smells leave long-lasting impressions and are strongly linked to our memories. This is why the smell of a certain flower might remind you of someone if they used to keep those flowers in their home.