Weddings on a budget
Not everyone has a celebrity bank balance to pay for their wedding these days, but budget doesn’t necessarily have to mean cheap or low quality. Interflora has put together the best money-saving tips for your wedding day that will still ensure your wedding day is one to remember.
Your flowers will tie in with your overall wedding theme and there are a number of ways you can make your bouquet stand out
- Splurge – Florists can create bespoke bouquets and accessories for your hair; all tailored to fit in perfectly with your wedding theme.
- Spend – A single bouquet of flowers in your chosen style can make a fantastic impression, whether you prefer country-style, modern chic or bright, tropical flowers.
- Save – Chose one single, beautiful flower and add a little foliage for a really unique wedding bouquet. Your florist can recommend a range of single flower choices such as a calla lily, sunflower or amaryllis.
- Splurge – You can tailor individual bouquets to suit your bridesmaid’s personalities and styles. This works particularly well if you have chosen different dress styles of each of your bridesmaids.
- Spend – Smaller versions of your wedding bouquet look wonderful when carried by your bridesmaids and helps tie all the flowers together.
- Save – Keep it simple and give your bridesmaids wrist corsages or flowers in their hair. They will still look beautiful and it will make your bouquet stand out even more.
- Splurge – Flower garlands strung across the pews and large flower arrangements decorating the altar or register desk will add a touch of sophistication to your wedding day.
- Spend – If you order flower decorations in movable containers for your wedding ceremony, they can then be transported to your wedding reception with ease and place around your top table.
- Save – Ask your florist to decorate pews and chairs with ivy and ribbon. It is a simple yet stylish solution that really saves the pennies.
- Splurge – Tall vases with floral arrangements either side of your top table will look incredible and you can add an air of elegance with a couple of candelabras. Flower arrangements on the guest’s tables should not be too big as to obscure their view but you can add scattered rose petals for an extra finish.
- Spend – Flowers from the church or register office can be brought over to decorate your wedding venue. If you want them to look a little different, simply change the containers or swap coloured ribbons to give them a new look.
- Save – Natural plants and cut herbs make a wonderful alternative to flowers and, if you source varieties in season, they can make quite a saving too.