What’s On at RHS Tatton Park Flower Show
From 18th to 22nd July, 2012, visitors will be able to explore 28 acres of beautiful gardens and displays, as well as browse more than 500 exhibitors and trade stands.
So, let’s take a look at some of the great sights to see waiting for you at this year’s RHS Tatton Park Flower Show!
- Ladies Day is on July 19th and gives all you lovely ladies a chance to get glamorous; with a Best Dressed Award for the most stylish. There will also be a number of fashion and horticultural events on the day, including a fashion show by students from the Manchester School of Art at Manchester Metropolitan University and Countryfile presenter Ellie Harrison. Ladies Day also features floral displays by designers Dennis van Wonderen, Suzanne Gill and Rijk Zeman and a millinery show by Fortnum & Mason’s Adrian Phillip Howard. The day is rounded off with a show by Vivien Sheriff, who will showcase some of her stunning contemporary designs.
- The theme for this year’s RHS Tatton Flower Show is music; more specifically, an orchestra. There will be four gardens, each of which will represent one musical discipline within each section of an orchestra: brass, woodwind, strings and percussion
- Broadcaster Chris Beardshaw will be teaming up with the charity organisation Groundwork UK to promote urban gardening and greening up UK towns and cities.
- Back to Back Gardens will feature 6m x 4m plots to show how lots of clever design ideas can be installed into a tiny area. Perfect for flats, rooftop gardens and small flower beds, these mini displays give visitors inspiration for themes, projects and planting ideas to try at home.
- The National Flowerbed Competition has, for the first time, a theme for 2012. Entrants will be required to create a Celebration of Sport in their displays to celebrate the Olympics 2012.
- There are also a number innovative schools competitions such as colourful Fruit and Vegetable trugs and front-to-front gardens. Showcasing the creativity and hard work of pupils from across the UK, this year’s Tatton Park Flower Show will be displaying a number of beautiful gardens created by schoolchildren.
- As always, the RHS Tatton Park Flower Show will be hosting the RHS National Flower Bed Competition and Young Designer of the Year Award competitions. In the latter competition, three young designers will be going head-to-head to create marvellous displays that will really wow the judges.